[World] Stay tuned to USGlass News Network for updates on the ANSI I-14.1 and its revision process.

Date Fri, 2 Dec 2005 17:34:05 -0600

That's what it says in GANA's USGNN email newsletter.
http://www.usgnn.com/newsansi20051202.htm

I'm not sure if they got a press release from the IWCA on this, but they quote Stefan Bright, IWCA Safety Director and co-chair of the I-14 committee, as saying "It's time to revise and republish [the Standard.] The committee has chosen to do the latter, mostly because over the last five years, things change."

The newsletter article mentions that the I-14 committee expects to put an updated version of the I-14.1 Window Cleaning Safety Standard up for public review in December of 2006. That's probably accurate, but it's not mentioned on the IWCA site.
http://www.iwca.org/safety/I14_standard.htm

The article also says that the standard "includes language concerning window anchors, fittings and attachments with regard to the ability of those aspects of glazing to pass drop tests and pull tests required to assess the safety of a building in the realm of window cleaning."

Hmm... if those window cleaning anchors (for belt work) are considered glazing, and the I-14 has language about how much force should be required to open a window - then the glass industry is an interested party. I wonder how long it will be before someone from GANA applies for I-14 committee membership in the "Producer" or "General Interest" categories.

Thanks,

Gary Mauer
Since 1996  - the Window Cleaning Network
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, USA
www.window-cleaning.net