RE: [World] two high rise incidents in Denver

Date Fri, 2 Dec 2005 19:32:45 -0700

That morning there was a high wind advisory on the news.  There was enough
talk of it that I reschedule my ladder work and did ground level work all
day.  Just being a residential/commercial low-rise guy and paying that much
attention to the weather I would think that the high-rise guys would pay
much more attention to such a thing.

>From what I understand it probably would not have happened had the equipment
not failed so the wind issue may be a mute point.

Just my 2 cents.

Shawn Gavin
Prism Window Cleaning, Inc.
Castle Rock, CO.

-----Original Message-----
From: addressis@removed [mailto:addressis@removed On Behalf Of
Michael Thomas
Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2005 10:45 AM
To: addressis@removed
Subject: RE: [World] two high rise incidents in Denver

The scaffolding blowing at the Denver center was on the 12th story, the
company did the right thing; when the winds picked up he called all his
crews back to the shop- they had been cleaning on the 8th floor and were
headed up to call it a day- just bad luck.

Michael Thomas
Professional Services

>From: "Gary Mauer" <addressis@removed>
>To: <addressis@removed>
>Subject: [World]  two high rise incidents in Denver
>Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:11:49 -0600
>
>There have been two high rise incidents involving high winds
>in Denver this week. Workers were hurt on both occasions.
>One apparently occurred on the roof while scaffolding was
>being set up on Tuesday.
>The other occurred on the side of another building the next
>day, when a scaffold was blowing as much as 40 feet away
>from the building and breaking windows.
>
>http://thedenvernews.net/
>http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_3266705
>http://cbs4denver.com/local/local_story_334125002.html
>http://www.helenair.com/articles/2005/12/01/national/a011201
>05_07.txt
>
>Thanks,
>
>Gary Mauer
>Since 1996  - the Window Cleaning Network
>Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, USA
>www.window-cleaning.net

Window Cleaning Network  - a free association sponsored by:

        Detroit Sponge & Chamois Co.    www.detroitsponge.com