RE: [World] Silicone Removal

Date Sun, 04 Dec 2005 20:20:33 -0600

Hi Jim
I scrub the glass first, sometime with scrub wand and sometime with 1" white nylon pad and then squeegee. Then I wet again, then I blade the glass. Normally I wet glass after each stroke but with silicone I blade it dry if the glass is sound. When you check from different angles and the thinner smears of silicon seem to or do re appear I just rub them out with blue surgical towel. I guess that is the part of the rpocess where people use the steel wool, talcum powder, I'll try that someday also. If you go to the Crescent City Brewhouse and look at the upper row of glass on second floor you will see swirled scratched glass, several panes. We did that 15 years ago trying to get silicon off with green scrub pads. I still have the account, a good reminder and lesson for me every month.

Mark Ahlich
Crystal Clear Vision
New Orleans, Louisiana

From: "Jim Andrews" <addressis@removed>
To: <addressis@removed>
Subject: [World]  Silicone Removal
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 19:29:14 -0500

We have a big job coming up at the end of the week with glass that is covered in silicone. What is the process using baby powder and steel wool? Do you sprinkle powder on dry wool and then rub off? We've always used steel wool but have never added the baby powder but thought we might try it on this job.

Jim Andrews
Sunshine Cleaning Service
Florida

Window Cleaning Network  - a free association sponsored by:

        Detroit Sponge & Chamois Co.        www.detroitsponge.com