RE: [World] Fabricating a waiver for pre-existing scratches

Date Sun, 4 Dec 2005 20:50:58 -0600

>>>I myself run into more Poor Quailty Tempered Glass then Fab Deb. but...i can only speak for myself. -- Craig Aldrich<<<

Actually, my original message wasn't about your approach, Craig - it was about the pitfalls of finding scratches in order to get waivers signed, because the window cleaners who do that aren't discussing fabricating debris with builders.

But since you brought it up - what do you figure the problem is with "poor quality tempered glass", if it's not fabricating debris?

Do you have a "poor quality tempered glass" waiver, too?

>>>...i pitty the poor fool who does that much damage.... <<<

You have probably read hundreds of emails on this subject, and attended seminars. So maybe NOW it won't happen to you - but it might have happened to you before you were exposed to all of that education.
If it had happened to you before you got up to speed, I would have figured you were trying to do a good job the best way you knew how - the way the builder wanted you to. The builder didn't warn you that they installed self-scratching tempered glass - and if you had noticed scratches while you were working you probably thought they were already there.
And I wouldn't have thought you were a fool for doing that.

Thanks,

Gary Mauer
Since 1996  - the Window Cleaning Network
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, USA
www.window-cleaning.net