Re: [World] Fabricating a waiver for pre-existing scratches

Date Mon, 5 Dec 2005 10:00:16 -0600

That is correct, David. I had to befend myself in a scratched glass claim of over $250,000. Successfully, thank God.
Evan Pyle
Expert Window Cleaning
Baton Rouge
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [World] Fabricating a waiver for pre-existing scratches

>>>For the record.. i wasn't poking fun,its the dollar figure you used 25 Grand is alot of scratched glass im sure most would realize long before they hit that "DAMAGE FIGURE" something was wrong! <<<

You only have to scratch a couple 8-foot storefront panes and a couple of automatic doors to hit the $10,000 mark.  Anyone who didn't know a thing about fabricating debris could cause this much damage in about half an hour.

Imagine what could happen if you had two or three people all on that job, and they each did that much damage.

I did a construction cleanup at a grocery store a few years ago where all the automatic doors (8 of them), and all the glass in the double-entryways had fabricating debris (8 very large pieces), but the windows across the front of the store did not.  Fortunately, I knew what to look out for, and I didn't do any damage, but that could easily have been a 20 or 30 grand hit.

I'm guessing that the vast majority of window cleaners still don't know anything about fabricating debris.  If you never do construction cleanup, you may not run into it.

And on new buildings, you may show up after the CCU company has already put all the scratches into the glass, and just assume that they were caused by the concrete guy, or the stucco guy, or the painter.

The first time a window cleaner sees fabricating debris, he will scratch the glass, and he won't know what happened...unless he happened to spend some time here talking with us.  Hopefully he won't scratch so much that it puts him out of business.

David McKeen
Fish Window Cleaning
237 E. Main St.
Kent, OH 44240
330-346-0200
addressis@removed
>>>For the record.. i wasn't poking fun,its the dollar figure you used 25 Grand is alot of scratched glass im sure most would realize long before they hit that "DAMAGE FIGURE" something was wrong! <<<

Checked by AVG Free Edition.