RE: [World] Fabricating a waiver for pre-existing scratches

Date Mon, 5 Dec 2005 20:11:10 -0700

Define ITCHY?

Thanks,

Shawn Gavin

Prism Window Cleaning, Inc.

Castle Rock, CO.

From: addressis@removed [mailto:addressis@removed On Behalf Of CRAIG ALDRICH
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 7:29 PM
To: addressis@removed
Subject: RE: [World] Fabricating a waiver for pre-existing scratches

Hello Jim....All i can share with you is i've experienced (SOME) Poor Quality Tempered Glass will scratch when standard window cleaning techniques are used.

While "Quailty" Tempered Glass & Annealed glass will not scratch using the same cleaning Techniques. Some glass is just ITCHY!!

Thats why i use a waiver that says I WILL NOT be liable for any scratches on tempered glass PERIOD!

This way whether its FAB DEBRIS or just ITCHY im not taking the hit!

And yes...i've scratched glass before that has had Fab Deb & just plain ITCHY glass too..but not to the extent of doing MAJOR DAMAGE. That was awhile ago i've gotten much more Educated since then!

Just like Tempered glass will scratch due to Fab Deb,i've also run across windows that were hammered w/Construction Debris along with not being properly "Bagged" or Covered.. through the entire phase of Construction

and being ITCHY on top of it...that scratched as well!

Of course.. 9 out of 10 times there are always existing scratches on those Gigs.... its just Law of Average!!

Craig Aldrich

Sparkle Window Cleaning

Canyon Lake Ca.

IWCA & MWCoA Member

Jim Isaacson <addressis@removed> wrote:

Craig,

Are you saying that tempered glass may have fabricating debris or some other defect which will result in scratched glass if a blade is used? What are the characteristics of this other poor quality tempered glass and how do you identify it? Have you ever scratched this poor quality tempered glass that is free of fabricating debris?

Thank you,

Jim Isaacson

Pane-in-the-Glass

Madison, Wisconsin USA