RE: [World] Waiver wording

Date Tue, 6 Dec 2005 21:42:56 -0600

>>> Be specific but be brief and, while it would be wise to educate the customer about fabricating debris at the time you're getting the waiver signed, don't take any responsibility for doing so in writing. -- Michael D. Brinegar<<<

Mike,

It's interesting to see so many different approaches.

I'm not a lawyer, but I agree that you can get in more trouble trying to explain.

Dan Fields tells me that his waiver is as simple as yours, because he makes a point of educating the builder, but the waiver he recommends to others is wordier, because the education aspect is so important.

I also worry - when I don't see any detail in the waiver - whether the window cleaner can adequately explain the issue to a builder. And if the window cleaner cannot, then possibly neither the builder nor the window cleaner understand what they are signing.

Thanks,

Gary Mauer
Since 1996  - the Window Cleaning Network
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, USA
www.window-cleaning.net