RE: [World] GutterCleaning Question?

Date Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:25:27 -0500

I’d do it with the ladder itself against the gutter … the same way the standard allows for accessing a roof from a ladder (5.2.11)

Michael D. Brinegar

President

Pride Master, Inc.

www.pridemaster.com

-----Original Message-----
From: addressis@removed [mailto:addressis@removed On Behalf Of
Gary Mauer
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 1:30 PM
To: addressis@removed
Subject: RE: [World] GutterCleaning Question?

The extra work shouldn't be frustrating if they realize there's twice as much time to get it done.

Gutters are not part of my window business - but I know they are for many.

Anyway, I plan to try Jeff's suggestion on my own gutters which need a 2nd cleaning. A thought I had - since my gutters have so many of those support hanger thingies that get in the way when you're cleaning - is to heap snow melt near each hanger.

That way, I should be able to pry 3 foot sections of frozen gutter gunk out - from between the hangers.

Safety question. Is it OK to set a ladder standoff on the roof above the gutter? Or do I need to be careful to set it on the wall or fascia?

Thanks,

Gary Mauer
Since 1996  - the Window Cleaning Network
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin, USA
www.window-cleaning.net