[World] winter cleaning - salt problems

Date Wed, 7 Dec 2005 14:46:00 -0500

I need some suggestions from my cold weather colleagues. I clean an office building that is on a main street in Hamilton, Ont. During the winter, salt spray from the traffic covers everything. At different times I have tried cleaning with methyol alcohol, windshield fluid and varying amounts of ammonia, all with the same results. These are:
a) After wiping the dark brown fames/sills,streakes of white residue reappear.
b) Any solution left on the window's edge turns white.
c) Any attempt to detail transfers white back on to the glass.
Any ideas on how to attack this job would be greatly appreciated.
Jack Gillies - Enjoy the View Window Cleaning