RE: [World] Commercial Interior Service

Date Fri, 9 Dec 2005 16:31:13 -0700

This idea of spot cleaning or skipping windows without addressing it with the contact at the facility is hogwash in my opinion.

I am doing a building right now that I can very well tell that the last company has been skipping particular windows over and over again.  The idea that no one is gonna notice is nonsense.  The thing to do is tell the facilities person up front that you do not move items and they need to have them moved for you.  Or you could have the position that you will move small items but not replace them.

I move items and place them on the desk or on a nearby chair.  None of this skipping windows business, that simply looks bad and could me mistaken for poor quality.

Just my 2cents.

Shawn Gavin

Prism Window Cleaning, Inc.

Castle Rock, CO.

From: addressis@removed [mailto:addressis@removed On Behalf Of David McKeen
Sent: Friday, December 09, 2005 7:32 AM
To: addressis@removed
Subject: Re: [World] Commercial Interior Service

I would guess that the VP would probably not notice if his windows were not cleaned, but he would notice if his things were moved around.

Next time you schedule this job, you could make some small comment to your contact there about making sure that window ledges are cleared of personal items.  Then instruct your cleaners to spot clean the VP's windows if they are blocked by stuff...don't skip the office, just spot clean it.  That way they can take care of fingerprints or small spots, and no one has to get bothered about his papers and personal belongings.

The last thing you want is to get into a pissing match with a VP, or to have your cleaners do that.

David McKeen
Fish Window Cleaning
237 E. Main St.
Kent, OH 44240